Friday, May 4, 2012

Observations

There are things that we just don't think of or thing that we think are normal.  Hence, we take for granted.

Yesterday, while in Dubai, Dusti and I went to McDonald's for a drink.  I am happy to report that Diet Coke tastes the same in Dubai as it does at home.Most of you know this is a big deal for me since I don't drink coffee. LOL.However, the real observation was over hearing a conversation that a man, probably in he's late 20s, was having in line with his friends.  He said, "I have never eaten at McDonald's before". 

Next, I once read that Nickolas Tesla said that Thomas Edison's DC current needs so much wire that in some places it actually blocks out the sun.  Electricity here seems to be an after thought.  See picture.

Final observation for the day.  A stranger in Rotary is just a Rotary friend you have not meet yet.  When we got off the plane there was a welcome rotary sign.  Dusti suggested that I get my picture taken with it.  As you can see from the picture, how happy I was to complete a 26 hour flight.  Well, when we took this picture we drew a crowd of 10 men from India.  They were all from the same Rotary club in India.  They took their picture by the banner also.  We ended up talking with them all the way through customs.  Friends I had never met before.




No comments:

Post a Comment